Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Wearing Beads • Color Sketch (part of Seven Painting Challenge)

"Wearing Beads" (color sketch) represents my fourth painting (forthcoming) in this challenge: Paint Seven Paintings in Seven (or more) Days. Yesterday morning, I began drawing/painting a young man but he'll have to wait. Right now, I can't quite step away from painting little people.


WEARING BEADS • A Color Sketch

The Process: My photo and sketch of this little girl wearing beads was irresistible to me this morning. Limiting myself to 20 minutes, I painted this color sketch in my sketchbook, striving to keep it fresh. The color is over-stated, there are quite a few hard edges but I like a lot of what happened as this little person's face emerged. Sketchbook paper is hard and smooth. Some artists have said it's "unforgiving" (if you try to scrub something out). I will re-draw and re-paint this subject on watercolor paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment